8.31.2011

As a child I felt myself to be alone, and I am still...

"As a child I felt myself to be alone, and I am still, because I know things and must hint at things which others apparently know nothing of, and for the most part do not want to know. Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible."  ~ Carl Jung 

   My father always encouraged me to go my own way and think for myself, be myself, and unapologetically do what makes me happy. 
 It's no small matter in the course of my life events that he, in a manner that seemed rather perfunctorily at the time, abandoned my mom and I when I was the tender age of 12. 
   I had an unhappy time of it as a teenager, and when I wasn't able to do self destructive things with my friends, I spent a lot of time alone.  I became very comfortable in my day dreamy world of art and books, and spent long afternoons in the woods, pretending...

No comments:

Post a Comment